Monday, April 22, 2013

Aida's "Hero" Award...

This April Aida was recognized for being a kindergarten "Hero."  This months "Hero's" were kids that did their best and set goals.  I could not be more proud of Aida for doing her best and trying hard at everything she does.  I made the comment that for those that know me -- this award for my child could not be more perfect!  Alex and I are very goal driven, we set goals all the time, short term goals, long term goals, big goals, and little goals -- we set them all.  We do this with Aida all the time too, not on purpose, just because this is how our brain works.  We talk about goals at home, we ask Aida what we wants to accomplish at Dance, School at the store ect...and we start small but one day I hope this just becomes part of how she thinks, how and how she lives her life.  The "doing your best" part of the award is something we have been talking about all year.  Instead of messing about at Dance, we talk about always trying her best even when she doesn't want to.  We talk about trying new activities, new food, reading new books and even when we think we might not get it right we always have to try our hardest.  At times, I feel like these concepts are so hard at 5 and I wonder if I am breaking through at all.  This day gave me a little hope that all the "dripping" of good lessons that we do -- she hears even when she pretends to ignore me. 

 
 
 
Here she is listening for her name to be called.  This was the most still I have seen her all year!
 

 
Aida and her most favorite teacher, Ms. Paris.
 
 
Leading the school in the super fun dance. 
 
 
So happy that Grandma and Paw Paw's came too. 
 
 
Life Lesson -- keep dripping the little lessons even when you think they aren't listening.  One day you will have proof they did...
 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails