Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pictures in GG's Dress...

This weekend Aida had the privilege of being photographed in her Great Grandma's Dress. Her Great Grandma (GG) had her picture taken in it, her daughters pictures taken, her granddaughters pictures and now Aida's pictures. I think we estimated that the dress was at least 70 years old, not that GG is a day over 30...I dont know what happened there :) Aida looked so beautiful in this delicate lace dress but more importantly we were able to share this moment with GG. Aida and I talk all the time about how lucky she is to know her GG and how special Great Grandma's are. Here are some of the pictures of Aida in GG's dress. Thanks to Grandma Edna and Aunt Re we were able to get some great pictures. They were great about distracting and getting her to smile. These pictures really were a family affair! She looks precious. I cant wait to see the real prints.





GG, thank you for coming with us for the pictures this weekend. I hope you enjoyed seeing Aida in your dress as much as Edna, ReAnna and I did.
We love you bunches!


4 comments:

M said...

Christina - Aida is just so precious!!! Love Dianne

Sara Blackburn White said...

Christina-
what a gorgeous dress and even more gorgeous Aida!! Love it- Jack did something similar in his grandpas outfit/dads/now his to pass on;) So special these keepsakes! Love it!!xoxo

The Gleasons said...

Love the pictures! That's so special and Aida looks precious. :)

Nancy Welch said...

I am a good friend of G G and have seen the dress on all of the Alford girls (hanging on Carolyn's wall). Aida is just precious! I taught her dad in the fifth grade. He was a good student and I'm sure a fine Dad. I told Carolyn to keep me informed on new pictures. Nancy Welch, Naples, Texas

Related Posts with Thumbnails