Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Yesterday Aida and I went on a Mommy - Aida date to kick off Aida's spring break. We went Gattitown as a way of kicking off our fun! At first Aida was very disappointed that we were not at Chuck E Cheeses. She cried when we first walked in and wasn't at all impressed. Until she saw the rides...once we spotted the carousel and the big pirate ship ride she was willing to stay to have lunch and play games. Aida rode that pirate ship ride over and over until we ran out of coins. We ate pizza and drank "diet coke" and then spotted the face painting lady. I really didn't think Aida would want to sit there to get her face painted but she said she wanted to give it a try so we paid our 4 dollars and she picked out her tiger face. Here she is letting Ms. Denise paint her face. She was very clear that she wanted a pink and purple tiger with glitter...
Checking out her new look in the mirror....I was wondering if she was going to end up crying...

Are you kidding? She LOVED it!!! And when we got home she kept checking out herself in the mirror and cried when it was time to go to bed and to wash her face. I had to promise to take her back to Gattitown this week so she could get her tiger face again.
Here she is on the pirate ride. This thing really did go pretty high...I was nervous for her but she was giggling and smiling ear to ear the whole time.
Aida -- I had a great "date" day with you...you make my heart swell with so much joy. I love you!
Tomorrow we are off the mall for Spring Break fun day #2...
I love you Aida

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails