Monday, February 2, 2009

Remembering Edith Aida Flora

Today is a great day. A day when I get to remember someone special and with great influence in my life. My grandma Edith Aida Flora, it was several years ago today that she lost her battle with MS. As most of you have figured out by now, my connection to my grandma, was so special that as her firstborn grandchild, I wanted to name her first born great grandchild after her. And we did...

Grandma, I know that as you look down on us you are so proud. I know you also are pinching Aida's cheeks the same way you used to do mine. I also know that you would LOVE interacting with her. She has a smile that lights up the room, and she loves to dance, she also loves to give kisses and has a laugh that makes your just melt.

So many times I have seen you in her. She has your sense of curiosity, and your grace. I hope I can instill in her your love of family and your strength. It is those times when I want to feel sorry for myself and how "hard" things are at whatever moment in time, that I think of you. You make me stronger, always have, even when I think being a wife and mother is so hard and I might never get it right, I can somehow go on when I think of you. Hopefully as you look down upon us, you are proud of the mom I have become. The relationship that Dad, Michael and I have, my marriage to Alex, and now the amazing child your great granddaughter Aida is growing up to be.

It will be those times, when I see you in her, or hear Angels in her room or see her smiling and talking in her sleep that I know you are there.

This picture of you and grandpa was taken when I was about Aida's age. I love remembering you like this. At your best, with the love of your life. You look beautiful and happy and radiating a beautiful glow unique with your spirit.

I miss you more than anything, but somehow I think you already know that.

Thanks for being my Angel, and with me when I need you most.

Your Granddaughter,

Christina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this about grandma because I can't remember as much about her as you can and this made me feel closer to her. You choose a great picture, her and grandpa look so happy.

Love you,
Christie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this..Grandma and Grandpa have met Aida thru you, Aida has Grandma's smile...Grandma would be very proud of you, Christina..I love you, Aunt Noreen

roxie said...

I agree, this was so thoughtful. It's unfortunate that i was so little and didn't get the chance to really get to know grandma. I thank you for remembering Grandma and just know i think about Grandma and Grandpa every day. I love you and miss you! Tell Alex & Aida i said hello.

Love,
Roxie

Sara Blackburn White said...

such a sweet posting- really enjoyed reading it! I am really sappy these last few weeks;) So thanks for the release-lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails